40 Ritz crackers
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pretzels broken into small pieces
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup M & M's
1. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and turn oven to 350.
2. Put crackers on aluminum foil covered cookie sheet. You want them to be touching but not overlapping.
3. Melt butter, sugar, and vanilla in a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Stir w/ a whisk occasionally. When the mixture starts to boil, stir it constantly for four minutes.
4. Immediately pour hot mixture over crackers.
5. Cook in oven for ten minutes. The mixture should be brown and bubbly.
6. As soon as the pan comes out of the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers. Let it sit for three minutes so that the chocolate chips will start to melt. Then, spread the chocolate chips over the crackers.
7. Put the nuts, M & M's and pretzels on top of the chocolate. Press it lightly with a spatula.
8. Let the Confetti Crackers cool completely, then refrigerate for 20 minutes. Break into pieces to serve.
This recipe creates one of my favorite combinations-salty and sweet. To take the salty up a notch, you can substitute peanuts for pecans. And, to enhance the sweet, you can add raisins to your toppings. Be sure to use real butter and not margarine in this recipe. Bon apetite!
Ritz crackers on cookie sheet
Melting the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla
Crackers covered with sugar/vanilla/butter mixture
Waiting for the chocolate chips to melt
Chocolate chips spread over the crackers
pretzels, M & M's , and nuts pressed into the chocolate
The end result